1. The beach. Any day, in any weather, it’s either a reflective place or a pick-me-up. It’s always humbling whatever its mood, and gives me a good dose of ‘get over yourself’.
2. My kids eating roti Indian-style to scoop up their Palak Paneer and Dhal. I’m stoked about their gourmet palates. Fussy eating is not a problem in my house. Brussels sprouts? Bring ‘em on!
3. Purple shampoo. I love purple. How awesome that you can put something SO bright purple in your hair and not get bright purple hair!
4. Books. All of them. For taking me somewhere else when I can’t afford a holiday.
5. Teeth. Smiles look so nice with teeth in them.
6. Bubbles. In any form really. They are just the happiest thing. The ones kids pop, the ones in champagne, the ones in the bath. I love them all.
7. Mangoes. The taste like summer and sunshine, and they’re healthy!? How is that even possible? Two interesting facts you may NOT know: not only does the mango have anti-inflammatory properties, but the mango tree is a symbol of love in India. So THERE chocolate. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Actually don’t – that’s bad for you.
8. Working. I am mental. Entirely mental. But I really love editing, crafting the words just so. And you know, sometimes when your kids are small, going to work is just like a holiday.
9. Fish. Because they blow bubbles. AND you can eat them.
10. My girls. They’re not things, but how could I leave them out? They make me smile so many times, every day.